audio


After transcoding using ffmpeg, I found audio bitrate is not the value I expected


I used ffmpeg to transcode some files into new format and with certain parameters. After transcoding, I found some output file's metadata is not what I expected, the output value is not the same with I set in the cmd line.
Before transcoding I check the media info of the inputfile:
ffmpeg -i dz2015082000010.mpg
ffmpeg version 3.2.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 4.8.3 (GCC) 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-9)
configuration: --enable-static --enable-memalign-hack --enable-libx264
--enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-iconv --enable-zlib --enable-nonfree --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/include/ --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib --enable-debug=3 --disable-optimizations --enable-nonfree --enable-libmp3lame libavutil 55. 34.101 / 55. 34.101 libavcodec 57. 64.101 / 57. 64.101 libavformat 57. 56.101 /
57. 56.101 libavdevice 57. 1.100 / 57. 1.100 libavfilter 6. 65.100 / 6. 65.100 libswscale 4. 2.100 / 4. 2.100 libswresample 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100 libpostproc 54. 1.100 /
54. 1.100 Input #0, mpeg, from 'dz2015082000010.mpg': Duration: 00:01:49.30, start: 0.685389, bitrate: 15723 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv, top first), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 15000 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr,
90k tbn, 50 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 384 kb/s At least one output file must be specified
Next, transcoding with the cmd line:
ffmpeg -i dz2015082000010.mpg -vcodec libx264 -b:v 4000k -s 1920x1080 -r 25 -g 25 -vprofile main -acodec aac -strict -2 -b:a 128k -ac 2 -ar 44100 -y output.ts
After transcoding, I check the media info of the output file:
ffmpeg -i output.ts
ffmpeg version 3.2.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 4.8.3 (GCC) 20140911 (Red Hat
4.8.3-9) configuration: --enable-static --enable-memalign-hack --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-iconv --enable-zlib --enable-nonfree --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/include/ --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib --enable-debug=3 --disable-optimizations --enable-nonfree --enable-libmp3lame libavutil 55. 34.101 / 55. 34.101 libavcodec 57. 64.101
/ 57. 64.101 libavformat 57. 56.101 / 57. 56.101
libavdevice 57. 1.100 / 57. 1.100 libavfilter 6. 65.100
/ 6. 65.100 libswscale 4. 2.100 / 4. 2.100
libswresample 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100 libpostproc 54. 1.100
/ 54. 1.100 Input #0, mpegts, from 'full-2.ts': Duration:
00:01:49.30, start: 1.456778, bitrate: 4455 kb/s Program 1
Metadata:
service_name : Service01
service_provider: FFmpeg
Stream #0:0[0x100]: Video: h264 (Main) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr,
90k tbn, 50 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x101]: Audio: aac (LC) ([15][0][0][0] / 0x000F), 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp, 4 kb/s At least one output file must be
specified
I don't know why the audio bitrate is changed to 4 kb/s after transcoding, I set the value with -b:a 128k before, anybody can help me? BTW, the output file sounds all right.
The native encoder won't waste bits on silent portions. And it doesn't do strict CBR. If you really need an output to be around the target bitrate, you can mix in a very low level of noise.

Related Links

play embed sound only once per browser session
How to make the alaram sound toZero during recording in Android
How can a bot receive a voice file from Facebook Messenger (MP4) and convert it to a format that is recognized by speech engines like Bing or Google?
stream .flac files to ruby on rails api
PC to PC audio streaming via bluetooth
convert video/webm;codecs=vp9 to .flac
WebRTC / getUserMedia alternatives for mobile devices
Take mean of feature set using openSMILE audio feature extractor
Need Help. audio API choice
iOS10 swift 3 streaming audio
How to use/implement pause() to pause a SKAudioNode?
Converting RAW 24bit Signed PCM to 32bit PCM raw
Classifying labeled timeseries data in Weka
Take 2 sound effects and create 3rd out of them
Volume for Sound In application
how to use http jplayer with angular2?

Categories

HOME
github
centos
rx-java
firmware
selenium-chromedriver
bitcoin
mono
monitoring
set
basecamp
cakephp-3.0
metal
login
reactor-netty
mutex
external
opentsdb
android-gradle
apache-apex
chapel
bpm
access-control
dijkstra
fix
libreoffice-base
batch-normalization
kafka-consumer-api
atlassian-sourcetree
firebase-cloud-messaging
raycasting
cdb
premailer
gnome
apache-samza
jsdata
powerpoint-vba
webcam
pywavelets
lwip
povray
white
hipchat
webdrivermanager-java
nsubstitute
oracle-sql-data-modeler
scalacheck
caliburn.micro
paypal-adaptive-payments
pbs
nsfontpanel
xquery-sql
case-sensitive
terminal-emulator
webpack-style-loader
equation
topshelf
on-screen-keyboard
xml-rpc
optional
voxel
powershell-tools
self-referencing-table
decompression
pandorabots
reportviewer2008
parrot
smf
ratchet
user-mode-linux
arrangeoverride
struts2-jquery-grid
bitcount
ios9.3
pagerslidingtabstrip
7digital
zshrc
authentication-flows
aloha-editor
streaminsight
cloudcontrol
ontouchevent
cakedc
jquery-dynatree
uploadifive
class-relationship
filefield
desktop-shortcut
kindle-fire
tokumx
sqr
member
sine-wave
objectarx
resharper-7.1
sencha-touch-2.2
ubuntu-13.04
gideros
filtered-lookup
.class-file
batoo
server-side-scripting
dynamic-languages
generic-list
flotr
silverlight-embedded
xmlnodelist
multiple-versions
abbreviation
laconica
astoria

Resources

Encrypt Message



code
soft
python
ios
c
html
jquery
cloud
mobile